In the second half of 2018 Audio Kinetic released a large update for Wwise, which overhauled a few of the key functions of Wwise & added some excellent new features.
Sadly, the update made our 2018 original guide series slightly inconsistent.
We have decided to update the guide series to include the following improvements & updates:
- Colour coding the hierarchy
- Attenuation’s major updates.
- Optimisation overhaul
- A dedicated chapter for music implementation
- A few fixes to the written guides
- Written guides will now be fully displayed on this website
- Simplified and updated quite a few processes
What will this guide series cover differently to the original guide series?
All implementation chapters will be updated (Chapter 04 on-wards)
We will re-use some chapter steps where the original guides are still functional or highlight processes like scheduling, scoping, basic Wwise info, non-Wwise related info, etc…
We have also created a basic cheap SFX pack to support this guide series.
Please support us to continue to make guides like this one by purchasing our SFX libraries at ASoundEffect
Before we begin, please note we are not connected or sponsored by Audio Kinetic / Wwise in anyway. These guides are our own personal approach to the Cube / Wwise demo project, which we have created in our spare time all the free.
Below lists links to each guides steps Video and Written guides. Simply click on the step you wish to look at.
NOTE: Blue = Old 2018 videos, Purple = New 2019 videos
* Trailer Videos (2018)
Trailers & Game-Play
* Chapter 00: Introduction (2018)
* Chapter 03: Wwise License(2018)
A: Project License
* Chapter 04: Wwise Project Clean up (2019)
A: Wwise Project Clean up
* Chapter 05: Wwise Preparation (2019)
A: Wwise Preparation
* Chapter 12: Magic (2019)
* Chapter 14: Data (2019)
A: State Types & Game Parameters
* Chapter 18 Post Mortem(2018)
* Chapter 20: Music (2019)