Created By: Game Audio Resource Ltd Date: 25/08/2019 Version: 2.00
In this guide we will highlight how to implement adviser dialogue to trigger depending on the outcome of a map, either Defeat or Victory.
You will need to have implemented Chapter 14 content to successfully implement the details in this guide.
- STEP 01: Wwise Hierarchy Structure
- STEP 02: Test & Integrity Report
Task Time Needed: 1 Hour
Chapter 15 B – Step 01
Wwise Hierarchy Structure
We will set up the basic hierarchy for the Adviser Results content
- Navigate to the Project Explorer > Audio tab > Actor-Mixer Hierarchy > Adviser > Adviser_Generic Actor Mixer
Right click, then Select: New Child > Random Container
- Duplicate the Random Container, so that you have 2 Random Containers
Name them individually:
- Drag in associated one shot audio assets into each of the new Random Containers.
Place them under the path: SFX > Adviser > Results
- Navigate to the Project Explorer > Events tab > Events Folder.
Locate and select the following event: Death_Player
In the Event Editor > List, right click, then select: New Action > Play.
- Navigate back the Audio tab > Actor-Mixer Hierarchy > Adviser_Generic_Results_Defeat Random Container.
Drag the Random Container onto the Event Action Play line.
- Return to the Events tab. Then locate and select the following Event: Map_Completed
Then in the Event Editor > List, right click, then select: New Action > Play.
- Navigate back the Audio tab > Actor-Mixer Hierarchy > Adviser_Generic_Results_Victory Random Container.
Drag the Random Container onto the Event Action line.
As the Master-Mixer Hierarchy > … > Mater Audio bus has a state set to duck all audio by -12 volume, we will need to add a Unique state property for the defeat adviser so we have consistent levels of audio
- Locate and select the Adviser_Generic_Results_Defeat Random Container
- Then in the Property Editor, select the States tab.
Click on the Add State Group UI button then assign the following path:
Default Work Unit > Player Life
Select: Dead > Voice volume value. Then change the value to 12 (+12db)
- TIP: This counteracts the Environmental voice volume value reduction of -12db.
- Save your Wwise Project updates and Generate the Sound Banks
Chapter 15 B – Step 02
Test & Integrity Report
Next, we test our updates in game
- Boot up the Cube game, then connect Wwise to the game.
- Change to the Wwise Layout: Profiler
- Filter the Capture log by the Wwise Object: Adviser Wwise Work Unit.
- Back in game, change to a single player map.
- Test winning and losing any generic map.
- TIP: If set up correctly the correct result content should trigger when the results screen UI is displayed. The Wwise Profiler will also display what has been triggered.
- Add any balancing updates you wish to add.
- Close the game.
- Save your Wwise Project updates and Generate the Sound Banks.
- Finally run a Wwise Integrity Report to validate your Wwise data hierarchy structure.